Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cupcake Bouquets

Nelay and I hope that all you mom's out there had an amazing Mother's Day and all you teacher's were spoiled during Teacher Appreciation Week! 

In May we featured these sweet cupcake bouquets in honor of Mother's Day and Teacher Appreciation.    

As the temperature started to rise here in Arizona it was a bit tricky to keep the frosting from melting off.  We learned that we needed to freeze them before delivery to prevent any slippage.  Fortunately, we were able to make repairs in time. 

Each 3" terracotta pot was filled with 7 mini cupcakes.  The leaves were made of green tissue paper taped onto toothpicks placed in between each flower.  A 3" styrofoam ball was used to hold it all together.  To transport these beauties we purchased cake pop boxes and cut a 
2 1/2 inch circle in the middle to help stabilize the pot.   


I love being a mom, most of the time, and couldn't resist sharing this sweet letter from my 11 year old son for Mother's Day:

Dear Mom,

You're the best because you cook for me.  You also help me when I'm lost, on mountains.

You support me a lot and you help me.  You make epic cupcakes, breakfast, and occasionally you make dinner.  You cook like a master chef.  You're always there for me.

You support me in school, karate, and at home.  You try to spend as much time as you can with me.  You also sometimes take me to fun places like University Studios.

Thank you for being my mom.  I love you just as much as you love me.

Your Favorite Son,

Hayden




No comments:

Post a Comment